1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Red face Integrating JRank search results page

Hi

I'm new to websites and want to use JRank to search my site. The problem i have is that the results page is the standard JRank one which obviously does not have a link back to my page.

How do i get the results to display on one of my pages?

I've found a site that uses JRank and displays the results within its own site so i know its possible.

I need step by step instructions on what to do if anybody can help

Thanks
    Iddy

Comments on this post

• jwdonahue disagrees : Obvious SPAM thread and definitely off topic.
  3. No Profile Picture

JRank Site Search Engine Results

To use JRank, (assuming you've signed up for the service), first create a "Context" for your website using the "Add new contextů" button on the contexts page.

In the "create context" box, make sure the start url is set to point to your website's home page (or whichever page you want the JRank crawler to start "crawling" your website).

Once the context is created, copy the "search code" from the right-hand side into your website then schedule a crawl using the options on the left-hand side of the page.
  5. No Profile Picture

bfolkens,

Thanks for the reply. When i do this and run a search, the results come back on JRanks page. How do i find the code to allow me to integrate the results onto my own page? or failing that how do i force the search engine to open a new window to display the results?
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by iddy
    bfolkens,

Thanks for the reply. When i do this and run a search, the results come back on JRanks page. How do i find the code to allow me to integrate the results onto my own page? or failing that how do i force the search engine to open a new window to display the results?
    You can get the results in your own page by using an IFRAME or FRAME (there are some good tutorials on the internet on how to utilize these). However, it's probably easiest to open it in a new page by using the attribute target="_blank" in the <form action="..."> tag. Here's a good tutorial for that method: http://www .w3schools.com /TAGS/ att_form_target.asp

(you'll have to remove the spaces in that URL above, the forum wouldn't let me post it)

Hope that helps!
  9. No Profile Picture

Exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
  11. No Profile Picture

Angry

jwdonahue

The original post wasn't SPAM. I used some search engines to see if i could get the information i wanted on jrank and this site was returned so i posted the question without understanding what this forum is for.

I'm new to all this so i'm sorry it was off topic but at least somebody here pointed me in the right direction.

I struggle to see why you bothered to make the comment you did but knock yourself out if thats what floats your boat just be aware that your SPAM filter is not working as good as you think it is

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo