Thread: IPB Skinning

1. Green-River-Media.com
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

IPB Skinning

ok so i downloaded some skins from the net for ipb forums and what i saw is that they were coded in xml. Now i allready have the html code written and everything else for the skin, all i need to know is how to apply it to the xml format that they have. I thought this would be the right place to ask since its a php forum and ipb is coded in php.
    Web Developer
    Green-River-Media.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Moved from the PHP Development forum, since this deals with XML and how IPB uses it rather than PHP specifically.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello People - Outstanding Forum! Let me know if you want any help!

Hi other members, i would just like to make an introduction to everyone at forums.devshed.comYour forum is fantastic! Often, when I visit forums, I just come across rubbish, but this time I was very surprised, finding a helpful forum containing good information. Thanks dudes and keep this good effort up.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello,

I havn't used IPB in a while but i'm sure it uses an upload procedure that reads the xml to create the folders,pages needed..

take alook in the admin pannel under theme/template/skin.

you'll be surprised what you see.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo