1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to find what links there are to a URL?

Is there a service that I can use to find out how many and what are the back links to a particular URL?

Reason I'm asking is I have some domains, and I have no idea if there are back links to them out there.
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Google Webmaster Tools is one of the better ones, and that will at least tell you what Google sees as backlinks, and that's pretty much all you'd care about.

If you want a not-quite-that-accurate list, use this in a Google search:

Code:
    link:mysite.com
  5. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by alikazmi
    which shows you perfect results.
    Wrong.

it only shows you a sub-set of all links. For a lot of years now Google won't ever show the full result as that's how a lot of black-hate SEO people abused that system to find lists of potential link partners. Now you get a few, and they could be bad links, good links, or something in the middle. You can run the same query a few times and get different results depending on where you are, time of day, and most likely lots of other factors.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Once I have tried this online tool backlinkwatch.com - I am not an expert in SEO, though I think this service is pretty good. Also, can't disagree about Webmaster Tools, it is one of the best tools to check backlinks, and what is more important Google counts the same links as WT. When a website gets a Google penalty, it makes sense to 'clean' links that WT gives you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo