1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Live Web Chat for Customer Service?

I searched far and wide and couldn't find anything i'm really interested in. Is anyone using an open source Live Web Chat module for their website? What im looking for is for my customers to be able to click on a 'live chat' link on my site and bring up a window that will automatically notify me on my computer (separate from the server) of a message (could be by Windows Messenger, MSN messenger, or AOL Instant Messenger, doesnt matter, as long as its one of these). Ive found several, but they are 100% web based, id like one that will integrate with one of the above messenger services. Anyone know of any off hand?
  3. Contributing User

Bump. Any ideas?
  5. www.2UK2.com

www.boldchat.com - they have a free desktop program?

I don't know of any that integrate with live chat programs, but I think that's the closest you will come to it .

Regards
    Steven Billings
    2UK2 - Local Solutions, World Wide Potential

First-Rate Support, Stupendous Prices, Remarkable Uptime
  7. Contributing User

Since there wasn't a working free option on this thread I looked some on my own. I found two that both said they would do live chat with people visiting your website.

http://www.etalkup.com/
    and
    http://www.volusion.com/livechat_help.asp

They both looked pretty similar in functionality, they both have a free version with less features, and a paid version with more features. I didn't really have a strong reason for choosing one or the other but I tried out volusion. I was able to quickly download the software, and put it on my website. It was easy to customize, and I had it up and running in less then 15 minutes. I ran a couple of tests with it, and other then about a 5-10 second latency, it seems to work pretty well.

Thanks,
    Minnow
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Realize I'm a bit late with this but... Crafty Syntax Live Help http://www.craftysyntax.com/ is open source and works pretty well.
  11. No Profile Picture

I'm not sure which live chat software integrates with any Messenger system. But I think a live chat mobile client can meet your needs. Like the mobile chat app of Comm100 Live Chat.

Having a mobile app on your phone, when people click chat button on your website, you can get notification and chat live with them on your phone, no matter where you are. Hope it'll help.
  13. No Profile Picture

Try this

Try this one, this may help you in finding what you want.

livechatinc(dot)com/product/livechat-for-windows/

This is live chat and this is a desktop application, unlike a server application.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo