1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

. NET vs PHP for software development

Hello guys this is my first post, I am working in SEO field, now I want to change my carrier in Software development and little bit confused in-between these languages, please help me which side(.NET vs PHP) is better and why in software development.

help needed.
  3. Jealous Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Neither side is better than the other. Both have advantages, both have disadvantages.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Yes

It is sure that both sites have its own advantages and disadvantages but in most of the Big companies use .Net rather than PHP.
  7. Jealous Moderator

If that's how you measure how good either is then there's your answer.
  9. Sarcky

Most websites use PHP. Larger, more enterprise-y organizations like privately maintained languages like Java and .NET. It depends on what you want to do and where you want to do it. If you want to work for IBM, don't learn PHP. If you want to work for the start-up down the street, learn PHP.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo