1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What are people using for code repository and bug tracking?

I'm at a new startup and need to get a code repository and bug tracking system in place. My old gig used Perforce and Bugger which were fine but maybe there is something better out there. So what are some of you using for this?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

For bug tracking my personal favorite is JIRA, although it's probably fairly expensive for a new start up. Mantis is a free bug tracking tool that works fairly well, although it's interface looks like it was designed in the 90s.

SVN is easy to use VCS, although the client has a lot of dependencies. GIT is more powerful and has fewer dependencies, but in terms of ease-of-use it's pretty much at the opposite end of the spectrum from SVN. It has very good merge support. Unfortunately, I've never used a VCS that was less user friendly.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

Yeah I signed up for the Jira Studio trial a couple of days ago. The UI isn't the greatest but the tool seems solid overall. The price is pretty reasonable so we'll probably stick with it unless we find any major issues with it in the next couple of weeks.
  7. No Profile Picture

I am comfortable with web based bug tracking system.

Comments on this post

• E-Oreo disagrees : this does not contribute to the discussion in any way
  9. No Profile Picture

Redmine! open source, very flexible.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo