Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My vote goes for Ultraedit and your localhost server instead of an one in all proggy like zend studio. I tested it and it doesnt give ya enough space to see your code and the test n run functions are crappy too, because ussually u dont got all modules loaded there...

I dunno if it have been improoved since 1 year ago, but my vote goes for ultraedit all the way. Yo Inxgeek you ultraedit m8tey lol
    Helping people will increase your experience & knowledge ! Help them like they help you
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

For local development i use context for editing php, dreamweaver/fireworks for the html/images part, and for testing i have apache/mysql/php installed locally. I used a package from apche friends to install these three, and it was very easy to do
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

macromedia is good.
    Nothing to see
  7. No Profile Picture

Has anyone had experience with PHPEdit or Maguma?

Thanks,
    Dave
  9. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally posted by DavePerry
    Has anyone had experience with PHPEdit or Maguma?

Thanks,
    Dave
    I've tried Maguma, and was really disappointed. PHPEdit is OK; I would use it for personal use maybe, but not in a client situation, nor in an enterprise environment. Neither of those IDEs are ready for prime time, IMHO.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  11. No Profile Picture

I really like Edit Plus, not only for the fact that the "evaluation" period lasts for ever , but you can also customize a lot of things in it. You can customize menus(like to put commonly used PHP functions in), and key commands.
  13. No Profile Picture

I have purchased or tried nearly all of the php IDEs. PHPEdit is getting close. All of them seem to be somewhat instable and/or cumbersome. For now, syntax text editors seem to be the best solution. My preference is also EditPlus. My three favorite features in EditPlus are, auto-completion, cliptext and document templates. It takes a little time to customize, but will save a lot of time in the long run.

Thanks for the input,

Dave
  15. No Profile Picture

How about Vim?

It's got syntax highlighting for just about every language under the sun, and automatic indenting/outdenting for many of them (you can even write your own indent scripts for those that it doesn't support). You can also reformat the indenting of an entire file to your liking with a single command (useful when you're taking over some code from someone who didn't seem to have any concept of coding standards).

The only downside is the steep learning curve (it's based on vi, after all), but it's well worth the effort once you've mastered the basics.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I use HydraPHP. It's rally great. Has everything I need. Color coding for PHP, HTML and CSS, preview, and row numbers - those 3 features is all I need and I'm happy with it.
    And best of all, it's freeware!
    I don't have an url to it's homepage, so just search for it on google with "hydraphp +download"

- Kimppa
    Fatal error on row 561: Couldn't access life - life isn't set
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo