1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PHP Project Management Solution

Ok, I posted this in the PHP section, but now I realize it belongs here. Maybe a mod would like to delete that thread or maybe merge replies here??

Anyway, at work I am getting tired of countless e-mails relating to project updates. So I was thinking of writing my own project management system. But then instead of reInventing the wheel I think I should look at some systems currently available.

I looked at a couple including PHProjekt, dotProject and NetOffice..and so far I like NetOffice.. however..
    I would like to have a system that looks similar to phpNuke so u have news in the middle, ur controlPanel links at one side, an interacive calendar on the other side.. etc..

Features I am looking for are
    Ability to make groups/assigning users to groups/assigning read write access to users in group
    Having some sort of project progress feature/timeline/gant chart
    Having a central location where I can access/post files
    Ability for a user to select projects groups he is part of and view project specific files/resources/notes etc.
    Be able to post news/updates
    Create a page with resources/FAQ/glossary spefic to a project.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up

I'd love to see something like you've described. I too am fed up with countless copies of files relating to projects, updates, issues/risks logs e.t.c e.t.c blah blah! Especially when dealing with a large number of projects!

If nothing else I'd appreciate any information you're able to find. If you can't find anything or nobody else is able to help I'm happy to work on something with you!

Keep me informed!

Thanks

Lee
  5. No Profile Picture

I am going to look into NetOffice and will keep my eyes open as well. My firm has considered programming our own PHP project manement solution, but have not had enough time in between commercial projects.
  7. Contributing User

yeah.. I was thinking of programming my own.. but I don't really have time.... cause I was going to do it in my spare time...

I think I'm gonna look into the netOffice source though and see how/if I can add components to it... would be cool...or maybe even contribute to product..

bah.. all if I get time.. time is such a hot commodity these days..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo