1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Programming Language for Custom Web application Development

To make Custom Web application is not an easy task, before starting we need to select programming language. Because we need to know that which programming can fulfill the entire requirement? After that we can go further to development.. Any comment on this… Please share your suggestion
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Um... I'm not exactly sure what your question is. Are you asking what language is the best for whatever it is that you are trying to do or are you just looking for an argument of one language vs. another?

When it all comes down to it, the language that's chosen has more to do with the sever environment and the technical knowledge of the developers and administrators then it has to do with the actual language itself. Most web scripting languages do a pretty similar job most times, and they can all be made to do almost whatever you want them to so the main difference really comes down to technical competence. There's no point trying to program something in Python if you know PHP, and the same thing goes that there's no point using PHP if you know RoR.
  5. No Profile Picture

Web Developer Atlanta

Actually i want suggestion from other developer to understand their point of view... that's why i have started this post....
  7. No Profile Picture

May i know what you are asking exactly?

Web Development Company | Web Developers
  9. No Profile Picture

My question is simple.. If we don't need requirement then how can we can choose programming lang. Every language and framework their specialties.
  11. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by php-developer
    My question is simple.. If we don't need requirement then how can we can choose programming lang. Every language and framework their specialties.
    Then the answer is easy.

If you don't have requirements, don't do any programming. Why would you even start a project when there's no requirements for it to actually do anything?

If you do have requirements, then you can assess what suits. That's really all that there is to it, and there's never one only answer for whichever requirements that you get.

So, what requirements/specifications/etc are you working to, or am I still missing something with what you are asking?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I really don't think the guy is much into programming. Or, I believe, he shouldn't.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo