1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

protecting code in PHP

Subject: Protecting Code in PHP
    hi all,

how to protect my code in PHP? i put my code in public domain and i don't want to

anybody to open the code ...it's on Linux any a person who got right only can

open..but i don't even want to take that takes place. i know there are so many

encoders available i can encode the code with that....but i want to know whether

any mechanism is available with PHP itself so taht it can decode the encoded code

by itself... pls help me..
    thanx in advance
    ckb
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Moved to Development Software from PHP forum.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  5. Moderator Emeritus

The Zend Encoder is what you're looking for.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

but how to decode the code script which is encoded by zend encoder...??? is there any way other than zend encoder which is along with php itself/.....pls help
  9. Moderator Emeritus

The file would be readable by other Zend products, such as the Encoder or the Studio. The .php file (encrypted) would still run under the normal PHP engine (actually, it would see a 30 to 40% increase in speed!).
  11. Second highest poster :p

Originally posted by drgroove
    The file would be readable by other Zend products, such as the Encoder or the Studio. The .php file (encrypted) would still run under the normal PHP engine (actually, it would see a 30 to 40% increase in speed!).
    Thats not true Dr Groove, you need Zend Optimizer to run encoded files, http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-optimizer.php
    - Andreas Koepke

Koepke Photography

13. Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by a.koepke
    Thats not true Dr Groove, you need Zend Optimizer to run encoded files, http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-optimizer.php

True, but the add-on is free... I guess I should have just said 'it won't cost users anything to run encoded PHP files'. My bad.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo