1. No Profile Picture
    Resident Moron
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Push updates to multiple servers

I've written a custom Content Management System which is used on several different servers (currently 4) -- when I make an update, it's a pain to have to upload the group of files to four different FTP servers manually.

Does anyone use or know of any software to automate this process? Ideally, I'd like it to work like an FTP program except that when I send a file, it should be sent to all of the ftp servers that I specify.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
    Pete Holiday
    "The most overlooked advantage to owning a
    computer is that if they foul up, there's no law
    against whacking them around a little."

More Quotes
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb FTP Uploader - extended functionality

Originally Posted by pholiday
    I've written a custom Content Management System which is used on several different servers (currently 4) -- when I make an update, it's a pain to have to upload the group of files to four different FTP servers manually.

Does anyone use or know of any software to automate this process? Ideally, I'd like it to work like an FTP program except that when I send a file, it should be sent to all of the ftp servers that I specify.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
    Dear pholiday,

I have written an FTP Uploader which is continually being improved and you've brought up a completely valid suggestion which would improve my software dramatically.

Please review http://www.swiftprogramming.com/ftpuploader and see if you would like me to continue to add this great idea and I'll have it done for you within a few days.

It's only $10.00 USD per license and more suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I would like to make the best web developers tool for automated ftp transfers. I hope this will be of interest to you.

Kindest Regards,

Ben Hynes

Swift Programming
    http://www.swiftprogramming.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo