1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

SciTE - No PHP syntax highlighting

I have been using SciTE version 1.71 for quite a while. I primarily code in PHP and naturally find the PHP syntax highlighting to be very useful.

Today I thought I'd upgrade to the latest release of SciTE (v 2.20). Syntax highlighting for PHP has completely gone away! I don't just mean that there is no highlighting when I save a file with the .php extension. I mean that even when I explicitly choose "PHP" from the Language menu, there is no highlighting at all.

I have tried both the Windows installer linked to from SciTE's downloads page, as well as simply downloading and extracting the SciTE files. In fact, when I couldn't fix the problem, I even deleted my new SciTE folder and restored the old one (v1.71), and now PHP highlighting no longer works in that version either! This is extremely frustrating.

Though I really know nothing about custom configuring SciTE, I even tried downloading all the PHP files from the Extras section of the site and importing the .properties files in SciTEGlobal.properties. Didn't help.

Can anyone please help me figure out why I'm having this problem?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Just installed Notepadd++, which also uses Scintilla, and I'm not getting any syntax highlighting for PHP with it, either.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo