1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Selling and Delivering a Product

Hello, I'm tasked with creating a website for a client that wants a website to sell their book online.

It's the first time I've ever made a system that actually sells a product, and I do not know the best system or way to do this. I've tried googling solutions with paypal but I can only find ones for digital products, I'm dealing with a real-life product.

Users need to be able to order the book and get it delivered to their address.

Can anyone help me out and point me in the right direction?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Generally you would use separate companies for payment processing and shipping, if your client doesn't want to handle shipping themselves.

PayPal can handle the payment part of it.

Once you confirm the payment, you would then need to contact the warehouse (via an API request) to have the product shipped. If you Google "order fulfillment service" you'll find a lot of warehouse companies that do this.

Your client would be responsible for shipping batches of the physical product to the warehouse, then when you receive an order and send an API request to the warehouse they ship the physical product out to the end customer.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo