1. pogremar
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

traffic software

hey guys,
    just curious, I use the webalizer as my web traffic analizer, mainly because it's free.
    What do you guys use?
    Some day I'll create a smart quote to put here.
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

awstats is also free, and produces much better results than webalizer.
    http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

quest software's (quest.com) funnel web is very good - probably the best competition to webtrends out there. There are free and enterprise versions; the free one is pretty good. Funnel web has the additional benefit of running on windows, mac, solaris, etc.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  5. pogremar
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I checked out awstats. It looks pretty good. I might be changing
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

addfreestats is a good one to.
  9. 11
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

If the demo shows all there is, addfreestats is but a little baby compared to the mighty Awstats.

Awstats gives VERY good search engine spider and search results info.
  11. No Profile Picture

i've been looking for something like this, i switched hosting companies awhile back and the new one wouldn't setup logging for me so this will be awesome

i use to use Wusage and I loved all of its features, but AWstats does almost the exact same thing and it looks better

thanks
  14. Contributing User

WebTrends Enterprise Edition is the best one on the market. It'll set you back a few G's, but it's worth every penny in my opinion.

Saving money is easy with discount codes from Rollback coupons. Coupon codes for online purchases.
  16. No Profile Picture

Best balance between features and price

This site has all the basic stats, but also adds growth rates, drop-out and conversion rates, Adv tracking, Sales tracking and more. It is about the best bargain you will find anywhere.

www.webstatsgold.com

Will
    Ad Tracking, Sales Tracking & Web Site Traffic Analysis
    www.webstatsgold.com
  18. Type Cast Exception

On all the sites I design these days there's always a StandardHeader and StandardFooter I call which:

- checks if the user is logged in
    - logs the information I want to log
    - depending on the other information, dynamically determines what to display and
    - if the user is logged in, and the user is an administrator, display a control panel for admin functions (content management, mostly).

But that only works if you get enjoyment out of writing code, can do so competently, and assumes all your content is dynamic.

The advantages to dynamic content are so great, though, that I plan to retofit all my old sites in like manner, too.
  20. Type Cast Exception

WebTrends Enterprise Edition is the best one on the market.
    That's an opinion. I hold a very different opinion of WebTrends enterprise. If this guy is using a free webalizer, dude, I don't think he has an IT staff and the budget to fly in a team of consultants, have a dedicated stats server, etc. And if he did, he might be disappointed by the limitations and level of customization (the IT staff and consultants) needed to get meaningful data from it.

- edit (qualification):

I have recently been involved with a webtrends deployment in my paying job. I do sites as a hobby on my own time. The polar opposite approaches therefore should now be qualified. What works for www.GiantCompanyWithBillionsInAssets.com vs www.MyLittleWebsiteIPayFiveDollarsToHost.com should be polar opposites.
    Last edited by medialint; August 26th, 2004 at 08:41 PM.
  22. No Profile Picture

Hi posters,

I've been using free analysis programs for a while, but none of them could meet my standards. I'm looking for a simple program that can track dynamic pages (e.g. index.jsp?module=home; index.jsp?module=products; index.jsp?module=products&detail=prod1234; ...). Does anyone here knows a good tool that can produce reports for these kind of sites?

For my job, I've been using Webtrends and it really rocks! It's a big monster, but once you get the hang of it, it's fun to play with.

Cheers,

DragonBe

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo