1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Transfer over website to client

Greetings,

I created a website, using Dreamweaver, for a client who recently decided to end our relationship. Is there software to enable the client to modify the website, absent any web programming knowledge? Any help is appreciated!

I am a newbie here, therefore, forgive me if this message should be posted elsewhere on this site.

-Tommy
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

If the website is purely HTML code, then the closest that you'll get is Dreamweaver. Unless you're using a CMS or some sort of editing system, then it's going to have to be manual.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    If the website is purely HTML code, then the closest that you'll get is Dreamweaver. Unless you're using a CMS or some sort of editing system, then it's going to have to be manual.
    Which editing software would you recommend?
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Um... None. I don't let clients have access to the HTML of the site. That's just asking for trouble. I set the sites up using a CMS so that they can make changes themselves but they don't need to learn HTML or FTP or any of the other things that will let them horribly break the site.

As the client has ended the relationship, send them the files and be done with it. You don't owe them anything more, and if they aren't going to be doing anything else with you then it's up to them to figure out what to do with it all.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Um... None. I don't let clients have access to the HTML of the site. That's just asking for trouble. I set the sites up using a CMS so that they can make changes themselves but they don't need to learn HTML or FTP or any of the other things that will let them horribly break the site.

As the client has ended the relationship, send them the files and be done with it. You don't owe them anything more, and if they aren't going to be doing anything else with you then it's up to them to figure out what to do with it all.
    Good points! Thanks you.

-Tommy

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo