1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Urbandictionary.com what script?

Hi everyone,

Do you have any idea what script www[dot]urbandictionary[dot]com is using? or any similar script?

I want to start my own small dictionary site similar to UrbanDictionary.com.. Please suggest a good script that could function like that.

thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I could be wrong but it looks like you could emulate something very similar with a basic mysql database and some common php query/display files...
  5. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

No you're not wrong at its simplest you just have a table with word and definition, and you'd just simply

SELECT * FROM Dictionary WHERE Word = 'USER_INPUT';

Display the results however.

Pretty simple at its simplest.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  7. No Profile Picture

so guys, Is there any available free scripts on the web ready to be downloaded and deployed? that would achieve same function as UrbanDictionary.

thanks guys!
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by akanesakura
    so guys, Is there any available free scripts on the web ready to be downloaded and deployed? that would achieve same function as UrbanDictionary.

thanks guys!

this is an outstanding forum and the exact question I was looking for, however no response from members?

SAID ANOTHER WAY;

Urbandictionary.com what script?
    Hi everyone,
    Do you have any idea what script www[dot]urbandictionary[dot]com is using? or any similar script?
    I want to start my own small dictionary site similar to UrbanDictionary.com.. Please suggest a good script that could function like that.
    thanks!
  11. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There doesn't appear to be any scripts out there that replicate UrbanDictionary's functionality. You'll probably have to build your own.

However, there is a really great definition for "script kiddie" on UrbanDictionary:

1. script kiddie
    n. (Hacker Lingo) One who relies on premade exploit programs and files ("scripts") to conduct his hacking, and refuses to bother to learn how they work.

Isn't the irony kinda tasty?
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo