1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Website Creation Help (Please Help Me)

Hi, my name is Christopher Petty. I am 15 years old and am trying to create my own website. It will be a virtual pet website, and I'm hoping it'll become well known. I know some HTML, but not enough to help me woth my website yet. Please help me by answering these questions...thank you:

1) What book or program would you prefer for learning HTML?
    2) What book or program would you prefer for website graphic design (templates, backgrounds, etc.)?
    3) What do you prefer to put your HTML code into? What is the easiest? (HTML editor, word processor, etc.)
    4) What program do you use for making web games or any type of computer games?
    5) Anything else you can add to help me!

Thank you very much, and I hope you have a nice day!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi Christopher,

There nothing like jumping in and starting at the basics. The great thing about web design is that you don't need anything special to start. Just a basic text programme and a web browser. This is how I started and am now running my own web design company.

1) What book or program would you prefer for learning HTML?

There are so many and it would be hard to single one out. The one I used was: Sams Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML & XHTML in 21 Days

2) What book or program would you prefer for website graphic design (templates, backgrounds, etc.)?

I use photoshop however you could try seraching on download.com for 'web graphics' or a similar phrase. Many of them offer a trial period of 30 days - enough to produce graphics for a site.

3) What do you prefer to put your HTML code into? What is the easiest? (HTML editor, word processor, etc.)

Same as last answer. Check out download.com and search for "html editors". I use Macromedia's Dreamweaver and Homesite.

4) What program do you use for making web games or any type of computer games?

Can't answer that one

5) Anything else you can add to help me!

Plan you website befor you start. Draw out a flow diagrame of your site and when you are sure of the structure then you can begin.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo