1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for new shopping cart solution for established website.. few questions HELP!

I currently have an established website which was made with OsCommerce.
    Well, we are trying to find a better solution at the moment which offers more features with less bugs.

List of features we need:

- Good support from solution company (we are considering hosted solutions)

- Able to integrate with QuickBooks (or any other accounting software)

- SEO friendly

- Fully customizable store front design

- Country specific shipping options (customner from xx country can only use xx shipping method. We offer two

shipping options)

- Gift certificate

- Able to send revised invoices to customers

- Promotion tools: ex. Able to give Free Shipping on purchases over xx amount, Automatically calculates xx%

discount for purchases over xx amount.

- VIP customer point system: VIP cusomter gets back 2% store credit on their purchases.

These are the some of the features we need.

We are looking at hosted solutions like Volusion, Goecart or aspdotnetstorefront.

My questions is, is it possible to migrate from oscommerce to any of these solutions? I think Goecart offers migration

service but not sure about the others.
    Is this something that a programmer can do? migrating from oscommerce to say aspdotnet?

If you know a solution that offers migration service or have experience of migrating please share it with us.

Also, if you have any suggestions about choosing a correct shopping cart solution for our needs please let us know.
    Last edited by vblak; April 9th, 2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: more questions
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Also you should look at Magento. It is became popular and cover almost all requirements.

Anyway, our company can help you with migration and support of your store.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo