August 28th, 2003, 08:14 AM
Word-like Gui Editor
Iím researching the ability to use a GUI word-like editor in my content management application. We currently are using Namo Active Square www.namo.com and Ephox Java Edit live http://www.ephox.com . These components work well but unfortunately have high licensing costs. Does anyone have suggestions for the requirements below?
- All code is created in ASP and do not have the ability to ASP.net
- Licensing fee is free or around $100. Would consider slightly higher prices if unlimited use is an option.
- cross platform/ browser is preferred but not necessary as long as it works under IE 5.5 and windows
- Flash would be the preferred type of gui word-like component but I havenít found one available that does htm tags. My second choice would be a client side-scripted or component gui word-like editor
- gui word-like features available are the ability to use html tags, image uploads, and word document handling capabilities
Your help would greatly be appreciated,
August 28th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Out of curiosity, would you mind posting a link to your site? I'd like to see what you're using this for, before I give any recommendations.