1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Total Management Software

I am rather new to the forum, but this looked like the perfect place to post my question. I own a small Wisconsin based web and software development company. I use Macromedia Dreamweaver for my content management, but what I am truly looking for is some software that will manage the most of the aspects involved with a web developers business.

It isn't a IDE, but a business tool to help/assist in the management of a web business.

I am looking for some of these key features:
    -Web Site Management (Again, not Content)
    -Page Listing with developer notes
    -Customer Listing
    -Task Listing / To Do
    -Contract Management
    -Reference Management

If you know of ANY Software designed for running and managing a Web Development company, please let me know. I really do not want to take the time to code my own, but that's what it's looking like.

Thanks for you help!
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It sounds like you need basic contact management / project management software, for keeping information straight about clients, projects, notes, etc. This would be a separate function from the IDE itself.

There are a ton of contact management / project management applications out there for you to try out... MS Outlook, Frontrange's Goldmine, Best Software's ACT, etc.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  5. No Profile Picture

I have been considering actually developing a product that was more geared for what I am looking for. If anyone has any suggestions of what they'd like to see in a product like this, please let me know.

It'll help me make the final decision as whether or not I should spend the time making the product.

-Brad
  7. No Profile Picture

We are actually looking for something to replace ACT! because it can only be ran on PCs (we are a mix of Mac and PC) and can't be accessed unless you are in the office.

Any ideas on where to go? Looking for something that is php/mySQL based, I think.

thanks!

\frank

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo