1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question shopping cart software

Hi,

I am in the process of researching shopping carts. I work for a company that designs and builds PHP/MySQL websites. We are currently looking at available shopping cart software and I would like to get some comments good or bad about osCommerce which is an open source shopping cart written in PHP. Would you recommend it over commercial shopping cart software?

Any other shopping cart recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your help and advice,
    Joe
  3. No Profile Picture

I have not used osCommerce, professionally, but I've tested it and have seen some nice sites with it. Would I use it? Well that would depend on the needs of my clients, but since I built my own shopping system a while ago, I am pretty happy with it so far.

Comments on this post

• Skudd disagrees : I did the same and had the same outcome.
  5. Calvin's Mother.

*Bangs his head on the keyboard.* I meant to AGREE with you, jgarifuna.

...I really need to quit coming here when I'm falling asleep...
    PHP Guru -- jQuery Novice -- SQL Master -- RHCE
    Skudd.com Blogs -- More fun than a barrel full of monkeys!
  7. No Profile Picture

I think this depends sooo much on the clients needs. I work for a shopping cart development company, so I'm biased toward our product of course.

Personally, I think some questions you might want to ask instead are:

Are you comfortable developing your own solution or letting somebody else deal with it? Oscommerce is nice in that you get access to the code and a community of programmers. It also can be an issue since not all programmers speak the same...dialect.

What is a comfortable support turn around time for you? When you deal with clients that sell 6 figures a month or more and something goes wrong (as it does with everything), your client will be motivated to get the support he/she NEEDS.

How big is the planned budget for your cart solution?

You develop solutions (mostly free solutions):
    oscommerce
    zen cart
    cube cart
    mal's ecommerce

Out of the box solutions (mostly cost based):
    volusion
    monster commerce
    x-cart
    modular merchant
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have used OSC a few times and I am getting away from it now. There is no real template system so changing the look of it takes some work. I would just find a commercial cart and stick with that. I am considering cs-cart, and sunshop right now.
  11. No Profile Picture

Shopping cart.

Originally Posted by MrTee1
    Hi,

I am in the process of researching shopping carts. I work for a company that designs and builds PHP/MySQL websites. We are currently looking at available shopping cart software and I would like to get some comments good or bad about osCommerce which is an open source shopping cart written in PHP. Would you recommend it over commercial shopping cart software?

Any other shopping cart recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your help and advice,
    Joe
    HI,
    I would like to prefer you imerchant.com/webmaster.cgi
    You might check out imerchant it will be very help full to you.
    Visit imerchant.com/webmaster.cgi
  13. No Profile Picture

Smile vitiligo treatment in United States ( USA)

What is vitiligo

Vitiligo is critical and common skin disorder disease. Vitiligo important cause is dysfunctional of skin melanin and it is called vitiligo.

Ratio of vitiligo skin patients in the world

This time about 1 to 2 percent vitiligo patient of world population and 40 to 50 millions people have vitiligo. In United States 2 to 5 million people have vitiligo patients.

Treatment of Vitiligo with Cure Herbals formula

Vitiligo patients are using different medication. Human skin is very sensitive and when vitiligo patient is different resources to applied on his skin and Its has many side affects on skin and body. It is not affective for vitiligo skin patients. Cure Herbal is famous organization. This to long time is treating vitiligo skin patients we are providing treatment of vitiligo in all of worldwide. Anti vitiligo oil is famous cure herbals formula.
    Thousand of vitiligo patients treating with herbal oil. Anti vitiligo oil track record is very excellent and mostly vitiligo patients are recover with anti vitiligo oil. Anti vitiligo oil is massage oil and basic function is regenerate to skin cells and complete recovered to vitiligo disease. Their can easily on his skin and no side affects on skin and body. Many vitiligo patients are has been recover in United States (USA) and others countries with cure herbals anti vitiligo oil. Anti vitiligo oil is easily available in all worlds.

Results
    Anti vitiligo Oil is very simple to use and needs to be applied only once a day. It is now known as the most Effective Herbal Remedy for the treatment of vitiligo.Re-pigmentation with Anti vitiligo Oil is very fast, results are mostly visible after 2 to 3 months (May bee after some weeks) of regular application. Re-pigmentation with Anti vitiligo Oil is permanent.
    All the ingredients used in preparation of Anti Vitiligo Oil are purely of herbal origin. Anti vitiligo oil contains pure herbs as no chemicals are used in it. and 100 % Risk Free.

How to apply
    The treatment skin patches is very simple and just wash affected areas of skin with plain water and dry it with towel. Simply Apply Anti vitiligo Oil with soft hands at affected area of your skin and massage till its absorbed with soft finger tips. You can wash it after 5 hours with any soap. Always shake Anti vitiligo Oil before use.
    antivitiligooil.com
  15. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

marketplace solution

I recommend you the marketplace solution. It provides an one-cart shopping with different vendors. orders will be automatically transferred to vendors and you gain commission from each sale. It is highly customized so that you can use widgets to change your page easily. This solution will take care of every step of online trade. you can search The MP Factory website for more information. Hope it will correspond your needs.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo