1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Moving an ENTIRE E-commerce Site OFF of Monster Commerce????

Okay, I have a question that no one seems to know the answer to. I operate an extremely large e-commerce site on Monster commerce.com. It has over 3000 items on it. I need to move this entire site a regular c-panel based web hosting system. If you've ever used monster commerce, you'll notice that they don't allow direct ftp access.

How can I pull the site's content to my server? Or, how can I at least clone the site and it's contents? Is there a program i can use? Is there some kind of loop hole that someone knows about?? I don't care about any of the orders or customer info... i just need the site..

Anyone know a way around this? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Question okay..

I guess no one knows?

Originally Posted by DigitalSmash83
    Okay, I have a question that no one seems to know the answer to. I operate an extremely large e-commerce site on Monster commerce.com. It has over 3000 items on it. I need to move this entire site a regular c-panel based web hosting system. If you've ever used monster commerce, you'll notice that they don't allow direct ftp access.

How can I pull the site's content to my server? Or, how can I at least clone the site and it's contents? Is there a program i can use? Is there some kind of loop hole that someone knows about?? I don't care about any of the orders or customer info... i just need the site..

5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DigitalSmash83

If Monster Commerce will allow you to export your inventory to a spreadsheet, you can write a script to convert the format and import it to another shopping cart. Most shopping carts don't make it easy to export for this very reason, however.

If that alternative is not available, you can code up a spider to crawl your store and retrieve all of your inventory data, which can then be converted and imported into another shopping cart.
  7. No Profile Picture

Why don't you contact an administrator at Monster & ask for the dbase export? Pick up the phone & talk to them.
  9. No Profile Picture

We're considering this too.

We are thinking of migrating our site off MC to another host w/my sophisticated features. I know we can explort a spreadsheet of our database. I am wondering if you had any luck in moving off MC?
  11. No Profile Picture

monster commerce

Monster Commerce is a tremendous disappointment to me. That the website is a total loss is my take on this. Hours and hours of work and the site is basically theirs. I have an ecommerce site there and will pull it soon because of service. I built my site with their software, which was better than most, but the service continues to degrade. First it was tech support that sounded like a skateboard shop, then it was unnecessary rules about categories on the ineffective Monster Marketplace (which does little for promotion,yet is a feature) Then, the guy who was trying to make up for the tech support service promised an orientation session, which didn't happen. The final straw was the CEO, who said she would look into and fix my bad experiences and then never got back to me. If this is any indicator of the ecommerce marketplace, everyone will eventually come to the conclusion that ecommerce is total bunk for most small businesses. What I find about MC is that they are great at signing you up, but can't deliver solid support from the bottom to the top.
  13. Green-River-Media.com
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

thats exactly why you should get a custom site made and you can get it made with all of the features you want from the get-go.
    Web Developer
    Green-River-Media.com
  15. No Profile Picture

Business Ecommerce Solutions

hiiii Take a glance on following site it is all about Internet distribution business may be this will solve ur problem i hope so

Business Ecommerce Solutions

Commerce Interface *provides channel integration tools for Internet suppliers.Commerce Interface offers order and catalog management solutions for drop ship suppliers. Performance-based fee structure , business ecommerce solutions, ecommerce order management, b2b integration,drop ship supplier

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo