1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Shopping Cart for finished eCommerce Store

Hi Everyone,

I am 14 and I have been building a PHP website designed for eCommerce from scratch as a project. The problem is when I finished the database, search and product display, shopping cart (just a cart and checkout) to integrate with it. However, all I can find are full website solutions. All I want is something that will accept the information sent to it (product, price) from my own database and give the end-user a checkout platform.

I'm not looking for a site-builder just a shopping cart, does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks,

Theodore
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If your eCommerce site doesn't include the ability to load items into a cart and checkout, then what exactly have you built?

From an architectural perspective, you'll find that you can leverage 3rd-party providers for processing credit cards / payments (eg, PayPal, Google Checkout, etc). But a "shopping cart" is a core piece of e-commerce functionality; you'll be hard-pressed to find a componentized solution that will integrate with what you've currently got.

Since you seem eager to code your own e-com solution, which is great, I'd strongly recommend building your own login, user account manager, shopping cart, recommended products, and checkout, and then work on building componentized integrations to common payment providers (like those in the aforementioned list).
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks, that seems like a good idea,

Can use paypal as a checkout for regular credit card? If so, what service is that?
  7. Moderator Emeritus

Look into the details on PayPal and Google Checkout; those are the two you'll probably want to integrate w/ your site.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I've looked, but it seems like they only allow checkout with their own accounts.
  11. Moderator Emeritus

What kind of checkout do you need? Do you need to allow customers to use their own credit / debit cards?

FWIW, Paypal and Checkout are pretty common (Paypal moreso)... depending on your needs, Paypal might suffice.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would prefer that customers could use their own Credit cards as well, but if that is not possible, I guess I'll use PayPal and that should be good enough.

Thanks Again,
    Theodore
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

customers dont need a paypal account to make a payment, customers can pay to paypal using a standard credit card.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo