1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Secure Form Builder

It's time to uncomplicate my life, if only a little. I am looking for a form builder software. Here are my requirements:

Must be a SECURE form ( I am tired of being hacked)
    It must not run on a third party server.
    I need it for unlimited users.
    I am presently using PHP but Javascript will be ok.

I want something simple to use. I can make forms but they just aren't secure. I have seen free ones and some to purchase. The one I liked is over $1000, a bit to expensive for my budget.

Any suggestions?????
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Boy, do I have a bridge to sell you.

Honestly speaking, it appears you have no knowledge of how web forms work, which is why you'd make such an easy mark for unscrupulous people.

>> Must be a SECURE form ( I am tired of being hacked)
    Spend a little money and get a basic book on programming in PHP or perl and it'll teach you how to write a form that can't be hacked. Alternatively, spend a bit of money (or bribe them with free pizza) to get someone competent to teach you how to write your first form. This is the best way to handle things.

By the way, do you mean secure as in using https:// protocol, or the fact that your form code allows SQL injection and such. Devshed has a # of tutorials on how to write code that prevents SQL injection.

>> It must not run on a third party server.
    Once you learn how to write your form, who needs a third party server. You can put the code on your own server.

>> I need it for unlimited users.
    Ditto. Once you learn how to write one, the form is sitting on your server and as long as you pay bandwidth costs, it can work for as many times as you wish.

>> I am presently using PHP but Javascript will be ok.
    See, this is where you're making your first mistake. Javascript runs client-side and can be bypassed, whereas PHP runs on your server. Thus if you have security checks in javascript alone, then you're just asking to be hacked.

>> I want something simple to use. I can make forms but they just aren't secure. I have seen free ones and some to purchase. The one I liked is over $1000, a bit to expensive for my budget.
    Learn how to write a bit of code (and it isn't hard at all) and you won't be hacked and you'll save $1000 as well.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo