1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Online Project Management

I could use some expert advice on this. We are several web developers who are geographically scattered and now we are about to choose a project management system such as Trac, BaseCamp, etc. I reckon there's plenty of experience gathered here so I thought I'd ask around. Here are the key features:

- Integration with SVN for file version management
    - Ticket assignments
    - We must be able to run several projects, some simultaneously
    - Searchable
    - Easy to navigate for those who are not trained (like our customers)
    - A bulletin board or such where we can publish news such as new products or important bug fixes
    - Bug reporting and bug tracking

Since we are geographically scattered, Skype integration would be a big bonus.

The kind of web solutions we build range from small-scale company websites and commercial solutions to larger, customized CMS solutions.
  3. No Profile Picture

Ok, thanks for the tip, I'll look into Elementool
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi Klytus, I am a business owner having 6 people in my office. I have tried many software for managing my projects. However, the only software that I found as best is Microsoft Project Professional 2010. It's been 7 months I am using that software and finding it very easy and simple to use; In my opinion it is a perfect project manager software. For your reference I have shared the link. Hope it helps you.
    microsoft.com/project/en/us/strategic-planning.aspx
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Johnpatterson
    Hi Klytus, I am a business owner having 6 people in my office. I have tried many software for managing my projects. However, the only software that I found as best is Microsoft Project Professional 2010. It's been 7 months I am using that software and finding it very easy and simple to use; In my opinion it is a perfect project manager software. For your reference I have shared the link. Hope it helps you.
    Thanks for the tip. I've used MS Project Pro in the past but I've found it to be more related to milestones, timeplanning, resources and so on. I'm rather looking for an online solution where developers and clients can interact, sharing documents, chatting, etc.

Right now we're looking at two different solutions:

- Git with distributed version-handling for the file version management
    - The above mentioned solution for handling the dialogue surround the projects - discussions, share documentation, etc.
  9. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by Johnpatterson
    MS Project? Seriously? It doesn't have any of the features the OP was looking for.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo