1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Word-like Gui Editor

Hello Everyone,

Iím researching the ability to use a GUI word-like editor in my content management application. We currently are using Namo Active Square www.namo.com and Ephox Java Edit live http://www.ephox.com . These components work well but unfortunately have high licensing costs. Does anyone have suggestions for the requirements below?

- All code is created in ASP and do not have the ability to ASP.net

- Licensing fee is free or around $100. Would consider slightly higher prices if unlimited use is an option.

- cross platform/ browser is preferred but not necessary as long as it works under IE 5.5 and windows

- Flash would be the preferred type of gui word-like component but I havenít found one available that does htm tags. My second choice would be a client side-scripted or component gui word-like editor

- gui word-like features available are the ability to use html tags, image uploads, and word document handling capabilities

Your help would greatly be appreciated,
    Gio
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Out of curiosity, would you mind posting a link to your site? I'd like to see what you're using this for, before I give any recommendations.

Thanks!
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo