1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What is a good CMS for an events and places site?

What is a good CMS for an events and places site? I am trying to use Wordpress, but I'm not sure it has a great search and database support. What other options should I explore before settling on the CMS? Also, do you recommend that I just built it from scratch in PHP or Python?
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi,

I do prefer Joomla because its having user friendly features
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

For CMS, Wordpress, Joomla is best as both are user friendly and can customize easily. However, if you think ecomerce site , then Megento is very suit.
    Last edited by hiker; December 7th, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture

In my opinion Joomla is a good CMS for an events and places site because it is enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
  9. No Profile Picture

Agree on Joomla

Originally Posted by phpdevelopment
    In my opinion Joomla is a good CMS for an events and places site because it is enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
    Agree on Joomla
  11. Confused badger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Although we use Joomla here, one of our clients swears by Silverstripe. There's a billion extensions for every CMS anyway so I don't really think it makes that much difference these days!

Drupal's meant to be the better one for community building tasks, forums, etc.

EDIT > All these three that I've mentioned are free as well
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984
  13. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

services

Because of having good services joomla n wordpress both are good.Apart from this both gives you full empowerment so that you can make website according to your wish.
  15. No Profile Picture

i think wordpress is better option. WordPress is relatively easier to customize and understand.
  17. No Profile Picture

You can mold wordpress into what you want. It has endless features and customizations. So, you should better go with wordpress.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo