1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post I would like to start a website like Groupon ,living social ..

I would like to start a website like Groupon ,living social .. can anyone suggest a best platform for development
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

There's no such thing as a "best platform". What you build a system like this on will depend on the technical knowledge that's available to you, hardware resources that you are going to use, and what sort of budget that you will have for the project.

The best thing to do is start with something that you know. Developing software is not like writing a book. you can change pretty much anything that you want to at any time that you want to, so get something working, then refine it into version 2, then refine it into version 3, etc, etc, etc... Any changes that you need to do can be done along the way.
  5. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by jonnifelix
    I would like to start a website like Groupon
    No. No, you wouldn't. There are tens of thousands (if not more) GroupOn clones out there, already live on the web, already trying to win customers and drive sales. 99% of them will fail miserably. For that matter, GroupOn might fail miserably.

Find an original idea. The GroupOn/LivingSocial thing is a dead horse. Stop kicking it. Pick a different horse.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  7. No Profile Picture

i hav heard about magento ... which enables us to develop e commerce website with no risk and also easy to manage the store.. wat do u say?
  9. No Profile Picture

from where should i get a groupon like module?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo