1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Alternative Payments - gift cards good for online gaming?

My team and I have developed a new payment solution that enables a website or app to accept third party gift cards (e.g. Starbucks, Walmart, Target, etc.) as a form of online payment from users. So if a user doesn't have a credit card or Paypal/bank account, they could use almost any giftcard.

(Potential example for an online game: If a user has a $15 Starbucks gift card, they could trade it for in-game tokens/credits in an MMORPG game).

Is this a solution that would be helpful in monetizing F2P online games? Or are there other types of games this could work well for? Is anyone interested in testing/partnering with us?

Also - why did the ultimate game card fail? (fwiw, this is a very different model from what we're doing)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I think that would be a good idea. Gamers do like incentives. One of my friends have joined an online community for a specific game was rewarded with Amazon gift card. So what he did was he just sell it on eBay and the money he received purchased in-game items for the game. I bet you should give it a try, after all business people likes taking risks.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo