1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Pulled from Git, Made changes, Now Can't Deploy!

Hey;

I pulled a repository from git, made changes, push, from deploy site to aws I get these errors for random files:

Code:
    While trying to deploy revision ****c0bd95322b7f9db48e of your ***-admin repository to the console.*****.com-sftp server an error occurred.

The release attempt failed with the following server response: "Permission denied: /var/app/current/application/config/config.php"
    Enlighten me lord requnix, shed some light of my dark chest of wonder.
  3. Lazy Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Does that error mean whatever thing (what is it?) you're using to upload files could not upload that particular file due to a "permission denied"? Have you looked at the remote box to see why that might be? SFTP? Are you sure that the user the thing is connecting as has the right permissions?
    Do the files vary? Does it happen every time for the same files? What if you try to push again?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Are you pushing to your own server?

Is that the complete error message?

That doesn't look like a git error message. Is that error coming directly from your "git push ..." command, or is it from some type of deployment software such as puppet which executes the push command?

Based on the error message it appears that the owner and/or permission settings on that file are not set correctly to allow the user account that you connect with to overwrite the file. Compare the owner and permission settings of that file to the others on the remote side.
  7. A Change of Season

The push to git is ok. The deploy from fail to aws fails.

Here is what it looks like:

http://grab.by/JtgM

The error is irrelevant! Permission 777 won't work either.

It's random. I removed this file (edit_cart_view.php), then it started to give error for another file. I got this for many files.

This doesnt make sense because the files were originally created on this computer! Phuck deploy.
    Last edited by English Breakfast Tea; August 9th, 2015 at 10:49 PM.
  9. A Change of Season

Attached
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The error is irrelevant!
    No it's not. Resolving the permission denied issue should be the first step.

When you use the word 'deploy', are you referring to a specific git command or a 3rd party tool? Based on the gui error message you linked to, I'm assuming you're using a 3rd party tool.

Have you tried using the command line?

What does 'git status' show at both sides?

Have you tried doing a 'git pull' or 'git pull --rebase' from the remote side?
  13. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by FishMonger
    No it's not. Resolving the permission denied issue should be the first step.

When you use the word 'deploy', are you referring to a specific git command or a 3rd party tool? Based on the gui error message you linked to, I'm assuming you're using a 3rd party tool.

Have you tried using the command line?

What does 'git status' show at both sides?

Have you tried doing a 'git pull' or 'git pull --rebase' from the remote side?
    You're not reading my post babe. I said push to git is ok.

I git push to git and from there git and from there deploybot.com looks after it...Well it used to.

Git push and pull both say already up to date.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You're not reading my post babe.
    I am reading your posts, but due to your cryptic and incomplete description of the problem, it's hard to tell what you're doing.

BTW, this has noting to do with PHP, so why post your question here? You should ask Mark to move this thread to a more appropriate location.
  17. Not An Expert
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

You should ask Mark to move this thread to a more appropriate location.
    Sure, if you like! It might fit better here: Database Management or here: Other Programming Languages

Though I imagine it's in PHP because the error mentioned a php file?

If you post a request right in this thread, I'll see it and get to it as soon as I can. I might be a little slow between the hours of 3 and 4pm EDT, but otherwise I should be on it like stripes on a zebra
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Since this is regarding the use of Git and related tools for version control and code deployment, I think the most appropriate location would be in Development Software

An even better option would be to create a new topic area for code versioning and deployment.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Ok thanks! Moved for now - I can always move it again if we need to for some reason, too!
    Last edited by FishMonger; August 13th, 2015 at 11:04 AM.
  21. A Change of Season

I am reading your posts, but due to your cryptic and incomplete description of the problem, it's hard to tell what you're doing.

BTW, this has noting to do with PHP, so why post your question here? You should ask Mark to move this thread to a more appropriate location.
    Hey;

I am also short and ginger, you might wanna mention that too. It may make you feel better : )

Hey look, I explained everything clearly! If you don't have the answer or don't understand me, just ignore it dude, it's totally fine.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

dude?

Using that word to refer to a person has been out of date for at least 25 years. Are you an adolescent child or or a burnt out hippy that hasn't grown out of the 60's?

Your explanations have been as clear as mud.

When you say that you pulled/pushed from/to git, it's unclear if you mean github or a local gitlab server or something else.

You say the deploy fails, but you haven't provided any details on your deploy process and it wasn't until your 4th post that you mentioned you're using deploybot.com for your deployment. Few if any people here are familiar with that site or the details of using their service.

Since the problem is with the 3rd party site you've contracted with for your deployment process, you should contact their customer service or post your question in their support forum.
  25. Not An Expert
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Are you an adolescent child or or a burnt out hippy that hasn't grown out of the 60's?
    I use dude all the time! But I'm about 25 so maybe that's because I grew up with dude in the womb. It's embedded into my brain. My slang game is pretty off fleek, but it feels comfortable at this point so I'm content to leave it to the young 'uns.

Anyway, I'm glad (and grateful!) that people are helping each other out in this thread but let's relax a little - no blame, no shame, but please bring it down a bit.

Originally Posted by English Breakfast Tea
    Hey look, I explained everything clearly!
    It does sound like FishMonger and others need a few more details. Requinix had some questions above, too, but I think you answered most of them. Even if you feel like they may be irrelevant, can you provide any more information along the lines of what others are requesting?

Thanks folks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo