1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Who is allowed to setup .net name servers.

Hi.

I just registred a domain under .net, and I have multible DNS servers located in Denmark, which I would like to use for name resolution.

I know that I'm only allowed to setup nameservers for .dk domains, if I'm approved by 'dkhostmaster' which costs arround 80$.

I was wondering if some sort of similiar rules apply for setting up domain for .net domains, or if I freely can point to my own DNS servers.

Regards
    Anders Fugmann
  3. Mobbing Gangster
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

"Best City" 2002 and 2003- Melbourne, Australia
    *shrugs* I have a .net domain registered with godaddy, so all I needed to do is register my name servers with them (for free) and then change ns for domain to point to my ns. That's all.
    And you know I mean that.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Are your private nameservers then registered with the tld nameservers for the .net domain
    (as listed in the whois information)?

To clerify what I meant about 'dhhostmaster':
    dk-hostmaster is the danish internet authority, which needs to approve any nameservers listed in the tld '.dk'. This is not up to the registrars.

Regards
    Anders Fugmann
  7. Mobbing Gangster
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

"Best City" 2002 and 2003- Melbourne, Australia
    Of course, whois shows my name servers. I have no idea how it works in dk, but afaik from what you say it sounds a lot like what's going on with .com.au where you have central registry where you have to register your name server for nominal fee.
    And you know I mean that.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo