1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Bind9 streaming sources trough my server

Hello.

I have a small project that I need help with.

First of all, I am using Debian Wheezy and Bind9 on VPS server. I need little bit help with configuring my Bind server.

Second of all, this is my config (named.conf.options)
    Notice I will remove all real IPS from that config and turn numbers into an "X"

Code:
    options {
            directory "/var/cache/bind";

// If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want
            // to talk to, you may need to fix the firewall to allow multiple
            // ports to talk.  See http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/800113

// If your ISP provided one or more IP addresses for stable
            // nameservers, you probably want to use them as forwarders.
            // Uncomment the following block, and insert the addresses replacing
            // the all-0's placeholder.

// forwarders {
            //      0.0.0.0;
            // };

//========================================================================
            // If BIND logs error messages about the root key being expired,
            // you will need to update your keys.  See https://www.isc.org/bind-keys
            //========================================================================
            dnssec-validation auto;

allow-query { any; };
         allow-recursion { trusted; };
         allow-query-cache { trusted; };

auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
            listen-on-v6 { any; };
    };

acl "trusted" {
         XXX.XXX.142.24X;
         XXX.XXX.8X.26;
         XXX.XX.18.1X8;
         localhost;
         localnets;
     };
    So let's get to the point, we are offering some kind of service in country that's the service is not allowed in, so we want to allow people to use our nameservers to access the service in their country.

What I need to know is how I can configure Bind that way when you go to example.com you will come from my server IP address that host the Bind(DNS) server. So you are basically in France but the website think you are in USA.

And I need this for only 1 domain all other domains should be like they are.

Another thing, if customers do not pay for their service to use our DNS servers the system will automatically put it in blocked list until it's paid. (But then they need to change dns servers in their computer to pay it and set it up again.) so we want to allow them to access our site even if they are banned or not listed to pay the service.

Thanks.
  3. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

What you are describing is not what a DNS server is for. What you want is a Proxy server. That is how you connect to a site and mask your location.

As for the paid/not-paid thing, you'd have to setup your proxy server with an authentication service and require users to login to use it. If they have not paid you just disable their account.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by kicken
    What you are describing is not what a DNS server is for. What you want is a Proxy server. That is how you connect to a site and mask your location.

As for the paid/not-paid thing, you'd have to setup your proxy server with an authentication service and require users to login to use it. If they have not paid you just disable their account.
    Ok thank you! can you tell me what type of server runs (Playmo. TV) ?

Cause that's what I am trying to do.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo