1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

“DNS Already Exists” – What Will You Do after Seeing the Error Message

“DNS Already Exists” – What Will You Do after Seeing the Error Message. It contains detailed function of DNS and what you will do when the error message “DNS already exists” pops up on the screen.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Are you receiving this inside a control panel? I do not want to assume but that almost looks like a cpanel error. Let me know.

If it is you may just have to remove the zone file from the server before adding the domain again.
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by remcom
    Are you receiving this inside a control panel? I do not want to assume but that almost looks like a cpanel error. Let me know.

If it is you may just have to remove the zone file from the server before adding the domain again.
    Yes I am receiving this error in the cpanel while I am trying to add my DNS
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You just need to go into WHM DNS settings and remove the whole domains zone file.

I would double check and see if its associated with another account first though. However DNS can sometimes stay on delete if the check box "keep dns zone" is checked.
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by remcom
    You just need to go into WHM DNS settings and remove the whole domains zone file.

I would double check and see if its associated with another account first though. However DNS can sometimes stay on delete if the check box "keep dns zone" is checked.
    Thank you for your assistance. I have got it

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo