Thread: Dns issue

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Dns issue

Hi,
    This is very strange, this morning spanish time about 5.00 (its 21.30 now) my host installed my ssl certificate I bought from Godaddy they also gave me a dedicated ip with the same nameservers. It looks like there is some issue with the instalation as I get a yellow look with internet explorer and an error with paypal sandbox, they are looking at this.

I dont know if the issue can be related to this, at midday I got an email from a client saying she tried several times to enter my website but get another website and url instead of my web,
    I wrote the host and they told me to wait to see if that happens to somebody else. Well for an hour ago my partner phoned me because she got the same page as the cliente when trying to access website. The website in question is a page none of them seen before.
    I told my partner to enter using my new dedicated ip, and that worked perfect. She has cleaned her cache and still the same.
    The host told me to wait, however I am worried and dont understand how another website can come up instead of our.
    Thanks Helen
    Last edited by helenp; November 29th, 2012 at 03:54 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It would help considerably if you gave us the actual domain name. Without that we would be guessing, but if they gave you a new IP address, it can take up to 48 hours (or more) to propagate through the root servers and the cache timeouts on other DNS servers.

J.A. Coutts
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by couttsj
    It would help considerably if you gave us the actual domain name. Without that we would be guessing, but if they gave you a new IP address, it can take up to 48 hours (or more) to propagate through the root servers and the cache timeouts on other DNS servers.

J.A. Coutts
    Yes I know, but they gave me a dedicated ip adress in the same narmeservers, that mean I ever changed nameservers with my domainregister, and the domain that comes up instead of our domain is not hosted on the same host at all, therefore I dont get the mixup.

My domain is www.marbellasunrentals.com
    hosted by hawkhost.
    The other domain that shows up is cloudrocketeer.com hosted by PURWAKARTAHOSTING.COM
    Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, it looked like was some strange dns or cache error, as both entered the site correctly without cleaning cache.
    So its ok now.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo