1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

DNS nameserver question

i have windows 2003 server i am trying to setup my website to run from home jac0b.com i setup the domain forwarding and my server is setup but how do i setup the nameserver part i have no idea how to do that if someone can help?

jac0b
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

i setup the domain forwarding and my server is setup but how do i setup the nameserver part

First you are saying you did the domain forwarding already, then you are asking how to do it?! Can you explain this please?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

naw there is a place on there to add the nameserver so i put in my ip address named as ns.jac0b.com and then there is a feature called domain forwarding to where you can forward it to any place you wanted but i don't know how to setup it up because when i do setup it said page can't be dispalyed so i need to know how to setup the ns.jac0b.com

thanks
    Last edited by jac0b; July 27th, 2003 at 12:46 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Sorry, but there is a general misunderstanding between the two of us.
    there is a place on there to add the nameserver so i put in my ip address named as ns.jac0b.com
    Where is this place? A control panel for your domain? For your host? For your web server?
    Did you put the IP OR the hostname there? (right answer: IP) Was the field called "nameserver" or "host"? (aka "NS" record or "A" record; right answer: HOST; you donīt want "NS")
    there is a feature called domain forwarding
    This does not work with the above. These two functions are mutually exclusive...
    page can't be dispalyed
    Problem: Internet Explorer hides the real error from you. Go to "Extras / Internet Options / Advanced" and disable "Short HTTP error messages". Now tell us: Which error code does it send? Is it a 404 ("NOT FOUND") or is it a "HOST UNREACHABLE"?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo