1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Any help for an amateur?

Hi all

I'm pretty stuck and would appreciate any help.

My .com domain was purchased through 123-reg and is now pointing to servers with Media Temple where I host my website. I have now purchased a .fr domain through another company (as .fr domains are not supported by either MT or 123).

When I try and set the nameserver on the .fr domain I keep getting errors. Could this be because I'm pointing to something that's already repointing eg to 123 which is redirecting to MT.

I'm wondering if it's best to change all my nameserver setting to MT but I don't know if that will have an impact on my email (all MX records point to Google Apps).

Any advice gratefully received. Apologies if my jargon is unclear - I'm very new at this!

Not sure if the URL helps, it's immotrad.com

Thanks
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by oddbod
    When I try and set the nameserver on the .fr domain I keep getting errors. Could this be because I'm pointing to something that's already repointing eg to 123 which is redirecting to MT.
    What errors are you receiving?
    What nameservers are you trying to set for the .fr domain? If you have purchased a hosting account with MT, then you would supply the nameservers provided as you did with the other domain.

I'm wondering if it's best to change all my nameserver setting to MT but I don't know if that will have an impact on my email (all MX records point to Google Apps).
    For each domain you purchase, you need a separate hosting account with MT. You can't use the one hosting account for however many domains you want (at the same time). By this I mean that many hosts will provide you the option to park domains that you purchase. But at any given time, you can only have 1 domain active. (I'm not familiar with MT, so not sure if they allow for this.)

Not sure if the URL helps, it's immotrad.com
    If you explained what this URL is for, it might. Is this the one you currently have hosted with MT?
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

immotrad.com and www.immotrad.com is currently hosted by:
    ns.123-reg.co.uk
    ns2.123-reg.co.uk
    And is pointing to:
    I assume that you want the name immotrad.fr and www.immotrad.fr to point to the same location. Currently immotrad.fr is hosted by:
    ns1.eurodns.com
    ns2.eurodns.com
    ns3.eurodns.com
    ns4.eurodns.com
    and points to:
    and www.immotrad.fr lists the same host servers but shows a CNAME of immotrad.fr.immotrad.fr (this error needs corrected).
    Immotrad.fr does not return anything because the the Web server at [205.186.183.160] has not been set up properly to accept the name immotrad.fr.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo