1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Plesk dedicated server-dns

Hey all,

Thanks much for the help. I am not sure why but dns settings always make me crazy.

To start I have a dedicated server with 1and1. I recently moved servers and I am not getting warninghs from Google webmaster tools saying my site cannot be crawled due to dns errors.

I really do not want to post all my info here but if anyone can help please feel free to pm me and I will provide details. In this post I will stick to generic info.

My main issue I believe is with the Main Plesk panel dns settings clashing with the dns settings in the site plesk panel.

Supoport told me these panels were supposed to match. The site panel has ns records for the correct name server but it also has A record settings that are for the site itself. There is also a message at the top saying

This server acts as a primary nameserver for the DNS zone mmmmmmmm.com

This is not right...

The name servers are set up to 2 dedicated ips... They have nothing to do with this site domain.

Can anyone please shed some light. I have read everything and have asked for help elsewhere but I just seem to not get anywhere..

Thank you so much,
    Richie
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Surely you cannot have a problem with posting the domain name. Without it, we cannot offer much help as we would be guessing.

J.A. Coutts
  5. No Profile Picture

I have figured out the majority of the issues now. I don't really want to post the domain here if there are vulnerabilities.

Here, I will use screenshots instead.

Thanks!!

Hmmm..can't I guess...
  7. No Profile Picture

Can I pm you the image links to the screenshots so you can post them? Apparently new members are not able to post images or links and I see no option to upload images here.. I have 3 screenshots. 1 is of the dns test and the other 2 are the main plesk panel and the website plesk panel.

Looks like I could not post the domain here anyhow. I am not sure how new members can get help here if they cannot even post a screenshot...

Thanks
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Webdevoman
    I have figured out the majority of the issues now. I don't really want to post the domain here if there are vulnerabilities.

Here, I will use screenshots instead.

Thanks!!

Hmmm..can't I guess...
    Screen shots are of little value to me. You should have no trouble posting a domain name (not links). For example, here is mine "yellowhead.com".

J.A. Coutts
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks for nothing..

Do you understand that when people do a search for my domain I do not want this site showing up as the site is not related. I would hope that someone would understand this and still be willing to offer advice, etc. Surely a screenshot of the dns settings should be of value.. screenshot of a dns test should also be of value but that's ok. I will seek help elsewhere..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo