1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Talking Servers out of sync

For the record, I am not a "real" network guy. So, excuse my ignorance......
    I have run into a problem with an SQL server box. It won't let me remote in and tells me that the time is not correct.
    Main DC is sbs2011, and this SQL box will not show up in domain either, I can ping it but that's about it.
    How would I get in to resync it, this is a production server, that is currently holding up payroll for the week.

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

N_N
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Do you have physical access to the SQL box? If so, log onto it and verify the date, time, and time zone are all correct. Also verify it is using the SBS 2011's IP address as it's DNS server. Sounds complicated but it's not, just do a quick Google and it should come right up.

Once you have all that working you go to the following to join the SQL server back to the domain hosted by the SBS 2011 server:

http://<ip of sbs 2011 server>/join

For example, if the 2011 box has IP of 192.168.1.2, you would go to: http://192.168.1.2/join
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks seac79! I will give this a try and let you know..
  7. No Profile Picture

It seems that this is not possible due to the fact that this particular instance is in an ESX box. I originally thought it was accessible but it isn't due to lack of labeling.
    Is there any other way that I might be able to achieve this?

I did try using Powershell too..

Thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo