1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Weird refresh issue

We moved our office a couple years back and we had an older Vista PC that was hooked up on the network. Our company website has stopped working on that computer. If you were to go to www.ourdomain.com it would not load, however if you just go to ourdomain.com the site would load perfectly. Also, old images are not refreshing on our site. There aren't dead links or anything to those images (like red Xs) but it's like it's using really old cache. I'm not a server guy at all, normally I just do graphic/web design so I'm just trying to kill some time and find out why this is happening. I thought maybe the DNS on the network settings were off as I've had similar issues in development so I set the primary DNS to google (8.8.8.8) but that didn't do anything. Also tried a DNS flush prior and same result.

If anyone has quick suggestions for me to try I'd appreciate the help. Thanks if you read this far.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Maybe an old hosts file entry on that computer?
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Doug G
    Maybe an old hosts file entry on that computer?
    I'm not sure what that means exactly. By 'old host' do you mean the ISP?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

CLICK

Also, if it's isolated to just that PC, try loading Internet Explorer (I'm assuming you use that browser) and delete temporary internet files and cookies to see if that doesn't clear some things out.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by groghscv
    I'm not sure what that means exactly. By 'old host' do you mean the ISP?
    No, I mean is there some manual entry in the hosts file on the offending computer? In linux for example, check the file /etc/hosts
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo