Thread: bind dns 9

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

bind dns 9

hi,

i have been trying for weeks to setup bind dns, i must have read 5 different manuals but still no luck.

i own ftp2web.com and i want to setup my own primary and secondary dns servers.

ns1.ftp2web.com
    ns2.ftp2web.com

i have a dedicated server with a static ip address.

oh yes:

i am running redhat 8, apache2 and bind dns 9.

plz help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,

It appears that you have not registered your name servers with your register because I used dnsstuff.com to see if I could resolve ns1.ftp2web.com and I was unable too. You need to register your name server with your register to link them to 213.106.113.82, once you get this done it will take about 48 hours for the changes to show up.

After you get this done then you need to setup your dns server and I suggest that you use google.com and search for "how to setup a dns server" ... In the previous months I found some good articles (I don't have the link available currently) .

Remember that if you think you have things setup correctly and it isn't working try disabling your firewall to see if that is stopping port 53 from coming thru. (this was my main issue) I posted to an early thread today about the changes needed to ipchains to allow port 53 thru. If you have other questions after you read the how to please let us know.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo