1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Creating a Blog - But showing it on different domain

Hi,

Not sure if Im posting this in the correct forum?

I have an Amazon Webstore but I also want to create a blog.

The webstore is hosted on Amazon, but my domain name is with "names.co.uk".

I would like to create a wordpress blog and install within my hosting space, but somehow get it to load as a directory within the webstore. For example:

"myexampleweb.com/blog"

So to the user, the blog look part of the Amazon Webstore.

Is this possible?
    If so, what should I be doing?

thank you
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I'm not familiar with Amazon Webstores, but a host name can only point to one IP address. If myexampleweb.com is pointed at Amazon's web servers then the only way to have a blog at myexampleweb.com/blog would be to install the blog software on Amazon's web servers.

However, you could map blog.myexampleweb.com to a different IP and host your blog there.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks for the reply.

So do you mean I could gointo names.co.uk and setup a subdomain. Or would I still have to do this through the Amazon web servers?

thanks

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    I'm not familiar with Amazon Webstores, but a host name can only point to one IP address. If myexampleweb.com is pointed at Amazon's web servers then the only way to have a blog at myexampleweb.com/blog would be to install the blog software on Amazon's web servers.

However, you could map blog.myexampleweb.com to a different IP and host your blog there.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you set up a subdomain the subdomain does not have to be through the Amazon web servers.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo