1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Weird DNS problem with site

Hi. I'm having a weird problem with my site janglo dot net that no one can figure out.

The site is clearly up, according to all pinger sites, and my traffic is 85% of what it normally is. But for users of one local ISP, Netvision, its blocked.

Its blocked some of the time. I can get on for a half hour here, an hour there. But usually down. No pattern to why it is sometimes up.

Running a tracert looks fine when its working, says "unable to run target system name" when it isn't.

My server people told me to wait for the DNS to propagate, even though the IP address hadn't changed. Eight days later, there's no progress. Otherwise, they've been unable to help.

At one point last night, I could access the site in Chrome but not Firefox.

The local ISP Netvision actually contacted me, asking that they be unblocked on my server. They are not blocked on my server. We removed any firewall blocks that could be related. They couldn't figure out what the problem could possibly be.

Any ideas what the cause could be, or we can do to fix it?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

When Netvision users are experiencing issues, can they ping your site by it's public IP address?

If so, can they ping the site by it's domain name?

If not, it sounds like it may be a DNS issue on Netvision's end.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo