1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Want To Learn Embedded Programming

Hey,

I am a software engineer who has mainly worked on non embedded applications. I want to get into embedded programming, but don't really know anything about it or how to get started.

Anybody have any ideas where to begin? I'd like to buy something I can mess with at home.

Any help?
  3. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Buy an arduino, maybe an arduino starter kit from one of many sites selling them.

Alternatively, go buy a PIC board.

When you learn how to use those you can buy just the chip without the nice and easy boards attached, which are far cheaper.
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.
    -Partial Credit: Sun

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi to all this is Chandrashekar working on embedded systems
    up to now i have worked on ARM7 based controllers
    now am looking for cortex based in that i have chosen arm cortex3 based LM3S600 controller can any one help me how to write program for this controller how i have to write interfacing programs for this controller.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo