1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry biiiig problemmmo

ok, several of them, im a n00b, so sorry

1st: hot do u make a FB (firebird) table, through sql? through commands in delphi? or is there a table manager like there are for MySql?

2nd: how do u connect to FB with Delphi, what is required? what commands? and where can i find them?

3rd: do u guys know any tutorial that could help me do this, step by step, im kinda new at this

and pelase, no long words, dont assume im a pro, im not, so thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Gödelian monster
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by eugene_k5
    ok, several of them, im a n00b, so sorry
    There's nothing wrong with asking beginner questions . However, please use a more descriptive title to your posts in the future. Titles like "biiiig problemmmo" don't explain your needs to anyone browsing the forums.

1st: hot do u make a FB (firebird) table, through sql? through commands in delphi? or is there a table manager like there are for MySql?
    Well, the first way is through the command-line tool called isql, where you can interactively type in SQL statements, and see the results. Also, you should be able to save SQL in text files and "run" them in isql. But, you can also use the other methods you mention. I'm sure there is at least one, maybe more graphical programs to manage Firebird tables. Have you searched www.firebirdsql.org? Are you familiar with standard SQL "CREATE TABLE" statements?

2nd: how do u connect to FB with Delphi, what is required? what commands? and where can i find them?
    You might want to search for a forum on Delphi, but I believe there are links to articles and tutorials on the www.firebirdsql.org website. (Also, note that articles referring to Delphi and Interbase should be very helpful, because Firebird is the open-source version of Interbase)
    The real n-tier system:

FreeBSD -> PostgreSQL -> [any_language] -> Apache -> Mozilla/XUL

Amazon wishlist -- rycamor (at) gmail.com
  5. Code Cruncher

Originally Posted by eugene_k5

http://www.upscene.com/
    Check out InterXpress to connect Delpi to Firebird via dbExpress.
    Database workbench is good for making tables.
    Beware of a programmer with a screwdriver!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Try IDBAdmin or IBExpress there is actuall quite a few managers out there. I now IBExpress has a free one for personal use.
    Last edited by WayneB; May 21st, 2004 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Fix Spelling
  9. No Profile Picture

a good starting point is to
    download ibexpert from www.ibexpert.com
    read www.ibexpert.info/documentation

this will help you a lot

Best Regards
    Holger Klemt
    The IBExpert Team

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo