1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Connecting to two different FB servers

Hi, I am new here and looking for some help.
    I have a software that is running on FB2.0. Client part installed on my PC and connects to the server (FBSerevr1).
    I also have another application that is using FB 2.5 and running on another server (FBServer2).
    Question: how do I tell client pc to which instance of fbclient to connect.
    At the moment the only way I found is to edit registry key defaultInstance and point to corresponding FB client folder.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

put the Firebird client files into the same directory as your client application executable and it should pick up the client files from there. Which client libraries are loaded by your application can be easily checked with e.g. SysInternals Process Explorer.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by tsteinmaurer
    Hello,

put the Firebird client files into the same directory as your client application executable and it should pick up the client files from there. Which client libraries are loaded by your application can be easily checked with e.g. SysInternals Process Explorer.
    Thank you for your reply...
    I tried putting in gds32.dll and fbclient.dll from FB 2.5 into my application folder but it still wouldn't work.
    As I said before the only way to have them working is to modify
    defaultinstance value in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Firebird Project\Firebird Server\Instances .

Any way to specify instance in connection string?
    thanks
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you for your reply... I tried putting in gds32.dll and fbclient.dll from FB 2.5 into my application folder but it still wouldn't work. As I said before the only way to have them working is to modify defaultinstance value in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Firebird Project\Firebird Server\Instances .
    Any chance that you copied 64-bit versions of gds32.dll and fbclient.dll from a 64-bit Firebird Server installation into your application directory, while your application is 32-bit?
    Any way to specify instance in connection string?
    Only by providing the TCP port of the destination Firebird server in the connect string like server/port:<database_path>

Thomas
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by tsteinmaurer
    Any chance that you copied 64-bit versions of gds32.dll and fbclient.dll from a 64-bit Firebird Server installation into your application directory, while your application is 32-bit?

Only by providing the TCP port of the destination Firebird server in the connect string like server/port:<database_path>

Thomas
    THANK YOU SO MUCH,
    specifying the port number worked like a charm!!!!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo