1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Data in FDB file not present in any table

Hi all,

it's my first post to this forums so hello to everyone.

I'm having a problem with accessing data in firebird DB. I have an FDB file with proce-list from the supplier. There is also an app to access this data but I need to convert it to MySQL DB. the file contains some tables, the ones that are in my interst are:
    PRODUCTS (contain stuff like ID, name, price etc.)
    PRODUCTSCATEGORIES (links products to the categories, contains 2 columns: CATID and PRODID - many-many relation between categories and products)

I'm opening this file using xBaseVew and Full Convert and non of the tables contain categories. I know that categories are in ths file because when I'm openning the file with any text/hex editor I can find those categories in it. Also tab PRODUCTSCATEGORIES seems to be missing a lot of data - it's only about 1k rows and PRODUCTS tab is over 500k rows.

What's going on, where can I find this data?

Also the apps I've mentions are not displaying system tables. Is it possible that data I'm missing is in those tables?

When using Full Convert, from some tables I'm receiving error message:
    (DATA) filename is missing

There are also few other FDB files but (as mentioned before) the categories are in this file.

Looking forward
    Greg
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I think you need to examine the original FDB database
    (you did back it up before using the text/hex editor and Full Convert - right!) in its original environment
    using a Firebird tool like IBExpert or FlameRobin.

They will let you examine all the tables, views, fields, triggers, stored procedures, data etc.
    Use that information to guide your conversion process.

Clive

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo