1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Excuse me why I go insane (Firebird setup problem)

Hi,

After upgrading to Apache 2.0.47 late last night, Firebird 1.5 RC6 is no longer working through PHP 4.3.3 on WinXP (latest patches).

Apache is crashing when I try connecting to database (have tried through ibWebAdmin and ADOdb). No error message, nothing in access or error logs, just a beep, then hanging (tried Mozilla Firebird and IE) and after 30 seconds or so a Windows crash screen saying that Apache has gone AWOL.

Everything was working fine until I installed Apache 2.0.47, reinstalling, uninstalling and going back to Apache 2.0.46 doesn't fix the problem So I think it's a configuration issue. Have tried going back to Firebird RC4 and RC5 with no luck.

I have gds32.dll and fbclient.dll in Windows/System32, php_interbase.dll extension enabled in php.ini. Can connect to any Firebird database through IBExpert with no dramas at all.

It's probably something really simple, but i'm in a real pickle if I can't get this working soon (deadlines fast approaching)...so any help greatly appeciated.

peace
    si
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Wierder and Wierder

Hmmmm, after clearing the application event log, things started working again, but the problem really hasn't been sorted out...it appears that Apache was crashing because the event log was full...but everytime I run Firebird now, I get about 55 errors generated in the log, they are all the same:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Firebird SQL Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_1_5\firebird.conf: illegal line "
    ".

My firebird.conf is bog standard, no alterations...in fact there is nothing in there except #'s.

Oh well...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo