September 11th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Firebird Rc6 Released
September 11th, 2003, 10:26 AM
... and it show that it will not be the last RC
Last edited by goreXP; September 11th, 2003 at 12:38 PM.
September 15th, 2003, 10:57 AM
What changed in this version :
- fixed minor inconsistencies in charsets naming.
- GSTAT crash in some switch combinations.
- Fixed broken savepoint handling in BREAK/LEAVE/EXIT.
- Fixed optimizer : Prefer single indices instead of composite ones,Prefer full-match unique indices.
- enhancements to win32 instreg / instsvc install tools.
Fixed RC5 bugs:
- BREAK/LEAVE incompatibility with FOR EXECUTE STATEMENT loops
- Bug with expressions without fields inside aggregate-functions.
- EXECUTE STATEMENT returning BLOB datatype.
- Various issues with server-side database aliases. In particular, restore support for relative paths in local connection strings
- Possibly incorrect stream mapping in DSQL parser
- Make COALESCE/CASE output descriptor more SQL-standard.
- Engine crash during execution of DDL altering long recursive procedure->trigger chains
- Thread-safety issues in the SS client library and Windows CS listener process
- Engine crashes if IO error happens early during database startup in SS builds
- Maximum number of indices per table increased
1) Old maximum number of indices was 64, new max value is (DB_PAGE_SIZE/16)-2
2) When actual number of indices for a particular table exceeds 256 engine behavior may be unstable
September 16th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Hi, mariuz, I want to switch my web based app from MySQL to Firebird and I'd like to know if It's safe to use rc6.
I'm not going to bring it in prod soon and I'd love to evaluate a more recent version than 1.0.3, but I don't want to get stopped to soon by the db ... my own errors are enough ;-)
goreXP what's your problem with Firebird? Do you absolutely need a new feature and the team is too slow in rolling it out?
September 19th, 2003, 04:52 PM
firebird 1.5 is scaling better than 1.0.3 and rc6 is
like a pre release version . I think only small bugs
will be found until the final . So is a better ideea to develop on it , when you finish the project the final
realese will be out .
Now is time for a good story with fb 1.5 from our lists