1. Business Analyst
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

GRANT for all objects?

I would like to be able to grant permissions to all objects to a user without having to do each manually. Is there a good way to do this? If nothing else maybe a procedure that loops through objects? I'm not good with (or have even tried) SP's with FB.

Thanks!
    Discontent is the first necessity of progress. - Edison
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by mateoc15
    I would like to be able to grant permissions to all objects to a user without having to do each manually. Is there a good way to do this? If nothing else maybe a procedure that loops through objects? I'm not good with (or have even tried) SP's with FB.

Thanks!

IBExpert has a gorgeous feature Autogrant privileges, which does exactly what you need.

-> right click on procedures and/or triggers and select Autogrant privileges from the popup menu and voila!
  5. Business Analyst
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

If I'm reading this correctly then you can only batch grant for procedures? Or is Autogrant an actual SP that can be run?
    Discontent is the first necessity of progress. - Edison
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by mateoc15
    If I'm reading this correctly then you can only batch grant for procedures? Or is Autogrant an actual SP that can be run?
    No, this is a feature that gives grant on all necessary tables/views to procedures, and there is a grant editor separately that can do every combination.

This autogrant feature is an internal SP i guess, and fastens up your work....cuz you don't want to check every single procedure what it need and what it doesn't and then go to grant manager and apply the proper policies....you just simply click on Autogrant and it does it all for you.
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi buddy unfortunately firebird is a very restictive db which has it's advantages. I just finished developing a Firebird GUI called 'Utility FBMetaData' it's FREEWARE you can use this utility to do multiple grants on any objects. It's been tested on Firebird 2+ but should work on all versions. This solution will work for you. Do me a favor and report any bugs for me if you find any. It would also be nice if you could rate the product for me.
    It should be easy to find on google I just typed in the application name on google uk and it came up on the first page so you should find it quite easily. Bless Warwick
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi buddy I've just finished developing a Firebird utility called 'Utility FBMetaData' this utility will allow you do perform multiple grants on any objects with a single action. It's easy to find on google uk just type in the application name as it appears in this reply and it should come up on the first page of results. It's FREEWARE. Should you use this solution could you please report any bugs (IF any) and rate the software for me. Bless Warwick.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo