1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Possibly status vector overflow error

Hi,

I'm having problems accessing an existing database that was working up until two days ago.

I now get a message

"unsupported on-disk structure for file <filename> found 32779.15, support <Missing arg #4 - possibly status vector overflow>.<Missing arg #5 possibly status vector overflow>."

I've tried restoring the database from the previous backups (including ones that were used for creating the last working copy) to no avail.

I've also tried removing and re-installing Firebird in case the installation was corrupt but nothing seems to be working.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Paul
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What version of Firebird you are using? And from where did you get it?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by mIRCata
    What version of Firebird you are using? And from where did you get it?
    It's happening with version 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 which I got from the Firebird Project website.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

From Firebird's FAQ http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq80/ there are two reasons for this - First you are trying to open database created on higher version of Firebird with lower version, but you are trying with 2.5.2. The other reason they give is that you are trying to open Interbase database file with Firebird.
  9. No Profile Picture

I read that. Sadly it's a firebird database 2.5.1 file. I seem to have traced it to a problem connecting locally on Windows 7 so I'm wondering what else could cause it.

I checked the version by installing firebird and database on an xp box and they worked fine

Any suggestions as to where I should start looking or what on earth could be causing it?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo